Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gaga Was Supposed To Open For Michael Jackson

Everyone knows that King Michael was supposed to go on tour before his death but he died two weeks prior to opening night. The legend asked pop superstar Lady Gaga to open for him, but as you can see that never happened. She told Larry King:
During the chat, Gaga also addressed rumors that she was scheduled to collaborate with Michael Jackson before his sudden death last June. "You know, it's always very difficult because I don't necessarily like to talk about those very personal things that happened," she said. "I guess I can speak about it now. I was actually asked to open for Michael on his tour. We were going to open for him at the O2.
"And we were working on making it happen. And I suppose there was some talk about the openers doing some duets with Michael onstage. But Michael's death was devastating for me regardless of whether I was supposed to go on tour with him," she continued. "He's such an inspiration and remarkable human being. I guess ... some of my fascination with death and the demise of the celebrity goes along with me watching these hugely iconic and amazing people that I have heralded and admired become destroyed, whether self-destroyed or destroyed by the media." 
I can only imagine her pain. Watching someone you love dearly with tremendous talent, wanting to do nothing but entertain us and help the world get destroyed by the media and made out to be something he is not. Only now he is resting in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails