Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ne-Yo Doesn't Know What To Do With Songs Written For Michael Jackson

I say you blow it up and frame it. The amazing singer and songwriter says,
“The songs are sitting in archives but I really don’t know what to do with them. I can’t sell them on to someone else as that would be disrespectful but I also think it might be disrespectful to bring them out myself. So I don’t know, I’ll sit on them and wait. It’s definitely quality music but they were songs written absolutely for Michael Jackson. We talked about the state of music, what he liked and didn’t like. One thing that was interesting is that he views music in shapes and colours and that’s how I think. Melodic and meaningful. Those were the two words which kept coming back to me. Michael told me the melodies needed to be the ones you heard once and could sing back, and the lyrics needed to have meaning and depth. He believed what was wrong with a lot of music today is that people aren’t singing about anything. If it’s not about a party or sex then it’s about money, and there’s not really much to that. Michael told me, ‘I need songs that mean something to somebody and that’s what I need you for’. I was honoured”.
I would be so honored too. Hmmm I don't know. Ne-Yo is a very smart man. He'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails