Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nicki Minaj On Sexuality, Mariah Carey And Makin Diss Records

Rap superstar Nicki Minaj is quickly making a name for herself. If you have been following her career, you can see that she has come a long way from the girl sitting on the steps rapping on The Come Up DVD. I have no doubt in my mind that Nicki Minaj will take over the world one day at a time. Check out her outtakes from her Vibe Magazine interview,
ON HER SEXUALITY
If I say I only stop for pedestrian and a real, real bad lesbian—did that say and then I go home and have sex with that lesbian? I just embrace all people of all lifestyles and I don’t tell them they are bad people. And I say girls are beautiful and girls are sexy and they need to be told that, and if they don’t have anyone to tell them that and mean it, I’m gonna tell them that. But I feel like people always wanna define me and I don’t wanna be defined.
ON RECORDING WITH MARIAH CAREY
That was insane! I mean let alone I’m a huge fan and she’s a huge icon. No album out! Female. Rapper. Doesn’t happen. That does not happen. I don’t care how far back you look. I dare any hip-hop historian to tell me when that has ever happened. It doesn’t. And I still don’t know why it did.
ON DISS RECORDS
My diss record is my success rate, and how much I can charge to be somewhere for 30 minutes. That’s my diss record. The fact that I can pay your mortgage for a year in 30 minutes. That’s my diss record. That diss record makes everyone go ooooooh word Nicki went in! That’s all I need.

Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails